LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & COACHING SERVICES
The competitive advantage of the 21st century is increasingly derived from hard-to-copy intangible assets such as company culture and leadership effectiveness.”
Scott Keller & Colin Price
Beyond Performance, 2011
Based on McKinsey Research
TSG custom designs
to meet your
Talent Strategies Group’s Executive and Leadership Coaching services offer a positive and proactive approach to enhancing executive and employee performance. Custom designed to target the specific needs of each organization and the individual or individuals participating, we help to design a coaching engagement that meets your needs and objectives.
The essence of our coaching is to help you and your leaders maximize business performance by developing leadership skills that are matched to the changing needs of the organization, situation and roles. Executives are expected to achieve business results in constantly changing and increasingly challenging business environments. Through times of change, transition, business difficulty or crisis, leaders must deliver business results in ways that are consistent with corporate values and be prepared to address the organizational disruption and fallout that will predictably ensue. Consequently, executive leadership properly matched with the organization and its current situation and challenges is critical to driving improved performance.
TSG’s leadership development and coaching services are designed to assist your organization, leaders and teams in defining leadership success requirements, diagnosing the strengths and developmental opportunities of individual leaders, and providing the development and coaching support necessary for success.
As organizations respond to the competitive demands of today’s economy, greater agility is required of the leaders.
Coaching helps leaders understand their strengths, recognize development opportunities and enhance leadership effectiveness. TSG facilitates real business results measured in terms of increased productivity, profitability, market position, and employee engagement and retention. Typical coaching applications follow.
Created to further enhance the leadership skills and successes of your most promising upcoming leaders, this service focuses on the specific development needs of each individual. The tailored program identifies key areas for personal leadership improvement by using background interviews of those working closest to him or her. This is not a graduate course on leadership theory; but rather a practical, how-to approach designed to be put immediately into practice. The follow-up aspect of this program allows for on-going private coaching and fine-tuning of skills and competencies.
TARGETED PERFORMANCE COACHING
Targeted Performance Coaching focuses on improving an executive’s or leader’s performance by teaching new behavioral, leadership or managerial skills to modify specific behaviors that may be impeding his or her greater success within an organization. Executives are selected to engage in this program because they play key roles and bring crucial knowledge or skills to their organization. Senior management or a Board believes a coach could assist the executive to more quickly reach their full potential.
In a direct, yet supportive manner, the coach assists the executive to reflect upon actual on-the-job performance challenges. The coach helps build personal strategies that better meet those challenges by facilitating specific behavioral changes and improved communication methods.
NEW LEADER COACHING
In our high stakes business world, Boards of Directors and senior management demand immediate and effective results from newly appointed CEOs and other key executives. Leaders who are either new to an organization or who take on new responsibilities know their mandate requires making all the right moves, quickly and definitively.
TSG’s New Leader Coaching provides a seasoned coach to help highly visible new leaders clearly define their mission, gain buy-in, then implement action plans. Time is spent on real-life, immediately applicable game plans. New Leaders enjoy the ability to speak openly and frankly with their confidential coach and to gain the unbiased perspective of another senior leader as they chart their course of action during their crucial first weeks or months.
LEADERSHIP TEAM COACHING
A group of individuals does not function as a team without significant effort and management. When people are told they are a team, but are treated as a group of individual performers, mixed signals are sent, confusion is created and in the long run, an effective “team” never evolves.
TSG is able to assist your organization in improving the functioning of leadership teams at any level. Whether focusing on enhancing relations among existing team members or helping a newly formed team define its “mission,” it is critical that all members of the team are able to articulate an understanding of why the team exists and what is expected of its members individually and collectively. TSG can partner with your organization and leadership to develop a highly customized approach for enhancing the effectiveness of your teams and improve their capabilities to accomplish the work and achieve the goals of your enterprise.
LEADERSHIP COACHING MODEL
Businesses are required to be more dynamic in meeting increased customer demands while facing shrinking margins. To respond effectively, organizations must be more creative and flexible. Proactive organizations are utilizing Leadership Coaching as a personalized, flexible solution for assisting leaders to meet the challenge. It is an investment that goes beyond a quick fix. Coaching embodies a comprehensive and targeted personal learning process that makes it possible for individuals to shorten their learning cycle and improve effectiveness. TSG Coaching Model:
Builds on strengths and development needs
- It is CPI Houston experience that individuals will move more quickly and effortlessly toward their goals when they are tuned into and utilizing their strengths. Awareness and progress frequently begin with the skillful use of appropriate assessments and creation of a development plan for the executive.
- There are times, however, when the executive or the organization has identified specific areas of behavioral change in order to perform at the optimum level. Appropriate assessments, tools and systems utilized by TSG coaches enhance the leader’s ability to make these needed shifts. Greater awareness and closing gaps in emotional intelligence may be part of the coaching process.
Coaches the whole person
- Frequently, busy leaders need to work on priority or life balance issues in order to move their performance to the next level. Utilizing a holistic approach enhances this movement.
Integrates individual and organizational goals
- Coaching is a highly personalized process that allows individual and organizational goal alignment, bringing about improved motivation to do the work needed to achieve stretch goals developed in the coaching process.
- Stretch goals create clear and aggressive yet achievable expectations. Implementation steps and review of progress are the backbone of coaching deliverables.
Uses client-centered approaches
- Although the content of coaching sessions is confidential, the client is always kept informed of progress toward objectives, with full knowledge of the coached executive. Further, insights gained from coaching often contribute to enhanced results in the areas of organizational change, leadership development and succession planning. These facets of corporate management contribute to achieving competitive advantage through superior organizational effectiveness.
SYNERGISTIC LEADERSHIP COACHING
TSG provides your organization a diverse, highly experienced team of coaches who will support your entire managerial group with the in-depth assessment, development and coaching capabilities you need to achieve exceptional leadership and organizational effectiveness and synergy.
TSG experience and research indicates that organizations require specialized support at various times and stages of their growth cycle including:
- Coaching executives and key leaders during periods of change or preceding pivotal points in strategic direction.
- Creating and implementing a leadership development model for the entire organization.
- Preparing a group of leaders for movement to the next level in the career development or succession plan or to meet changing requirements.
- Coaching a leadership team through strategy and implementation planning.
If your organization is experiencing one or more of these challenges, Synergistic Coaching will help you run the rapids of performance challenges.
Adding Value Organizationally –
The Sum is Greater than the Parts
In addition to traditional applications of leadership coaching, your organization may take advantage of the TSG Synergistic Coaching Model and employ the talents of multiple coaches who, as a coaching team, work to address the needs of both individual executives and the organization.
When it comes to coaching for your top leadership, TSG offers a value-added difference to create synergy throughout your organization
Organizational Synergy IS a TSG coaching differentiator!